Unless advised otherwise by the clinician arranging your test:
- Patients should phone for their results about 1 week after the test has been carried out
- X-Rays may take up to 2 weeks to be reported - if you have been asked to make a follow up appointment to discuss this result with a doctor, please check that the result is available when making the appointment
- On telephoning the Health Centre please select the results option which is available Monday to Friday after 2pm.
- Test results will only be given out to the patient (or people with parental responsibility for patients under 16 years of age) and only after they have been reviewed by a clinician.
- The receptionist can only give out the information detailed on the result by the clinician.
- On occasions the receptionist will contact patients directly on the advice of the clinician to arrange the appropriate follow up of investigations.
If any results require attention before one week (2 weeks for x-rays), the doctor will make arrangements to discuss this with you or ask you to make an appointment.