Seasonal Influenza Vaccinations 2020/21
NHS Lanarkshire has taken responsibility of the flu vaccinations this year - all eligible patients will receive a letter with an appointment date, time and venue, with a telephone number to call to reschedule if the appointment does not suit. This means that the practice will not be running flu clinics and will have no control over these appointments from NHS Lanarkshire. For more information regarding the flu vaccination and who is eligible, please visit: https://www.nhsinform.scot/flu
If you are not eligible but wish to have the flu vaccination, you can pay a fee for it to be administered at one of your local pharmacies.
Please keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 information at https://www.nhsinform.scot/ and NHS Lanarkshire also have a FAQ section on their website regarding GP practices: https://www.nhslanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk/novel-corona-virus-covid-19/recovery-gp-faq/
- ROUTINE GP APPOINTMENTS: routine GP appointments are available as telephone consultations. At the time of booking your appointment the receptionist will require your details and a short description of your problem. We would be grateful if you could provide this information which is treated in the strictest confidence. GPs will be looking ahead at their appointments and if they wish you to be seen as a face to face consultation this will be arranged. Remember our outgoing telephone number appears as 0800 678 3393 and you cannot call this number back.
- ROUTINE NURSE APPOINTMENTS: patients will be invited by the practice for chronic disease management. NHS Lanarkshire has resumed services of Cervical Screening by lettering patients who were due a smear when lockdown began and are now steadily working through the recall backlog.
- HEALTH CENTRE BUILDING: the building remains CLOSED to the public to reduce unnecessary footfall so please do not attend unless you have been asked to, either for an appointment or to hand a requested sample in. If you have been asked to attend, you will need to use the intercom at the front door. Please attend your appointment alone if possible to keep numbers in the waiting area reduced and wear a face covering if you can.
- ORDERING PRESCRIPTIONS: If you need to order a prescription, please do so via our 24/7 telephone line 01236 828224, via Online Services (if you are registered) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org - as the front doors are locked, the prescription collection box in Reception is closed and the Receptionists WILL NOT take any over the desk.
- COLLECTING PRESCRIPTIONS: once issued, prescriptions will be sent to the patient's preferred chemist - if you are due to collect a prescription, PLEASE DO NOT COME to the practice - please advise our reception team which chemist you would like it to be sent to when placing your order (Boots Kilsyth, Well, Charteris, Boots Craigmarloch or Twechar pharmacy).
- SICK LINES: once issued, sick lines will be posted out to patients (if you are SELF-ISOLATING you do not require a sick line from a GP, as this is a Public Health issue employers should be following the government advice - if your employer needs something then you can send an 'isolation note' - visit https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note).
- MIDWIFE APPOINTMENTS: the midwives are operating as normally as possible, to make an appointment or for advice please call them on 01236 794110/794109
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please visit the NHS Inform website (shown above) in the first instance. If you are struggling to manage these symptoms, please contact NHS24 on 111 to be assessed by a call handler. Remember in the event of any medical emergency to call 999.
Thank you for your continued support during this challenging time.